Health and Safety
New Health and Safety Standards
The Knotstop has always been committed to providing a clean and safe environment for you to relax. During the COVID-19 crisis, we reinforced those steps and added additional measures. Cleanliness will continue to be a focus moving forward.
Among the steps we are taking, The Knotstop Staff & Service Providers will:
* Thoroughly wiping down all service rooms and tools with approved hospital-grade or EPA-registered disinfectants and cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms and common areas at a minimum of once every hour.
* Service providers wearing gloves during services upon client request.
* Requiring all staff members to pass a Spa Sanitation and Illness Prevention course and performing a practical assessment to ensure they follow the strict guidelines we enforce, including proper hand washing.
* Pre-service employee health checks including temperature check
* Mandatory masks for all Guests while on Premises as well as worn by Employees
* All linens are single service use
* A contact-lite transaction process including digital forms
We use the industry’s best disinfectants (PureGreen 24, Benefect Botanical Disinfectant, Benefect Decon 30 and Benefect Decon 30 Wipes) on all hard surfaces throughout the spa and specifically in each treatment room and for our basalt and Himalayan salt stones (the latter of which are naturally antimicrobial). These disinfectants kill enveloped viruses such as HIV-1, Influenza A and Influenza A Avian, and other viruses at extremely high levels. These disinfectants also effectively kill viruses in the non-enveloped virus category, specifically Norovirus and Rhinovirus.
We change sheets and face covers after each client and wash at high temperatures with a bleach-based product to minimize the transmission risk, as is recommended by various public health authorities. Face covers also use both flannel and microfiber to offer a double line of protection. We will discontinue the use of non-cotton blankets and instead use double sheets or a cotton blanket, so that linens will be changed after each service and washed.
We will also employ an aggressive cleaning schedule for the entire spa. All service rooms will be thoroughly wiped down with a hot hand towel or washcloth with one of the two approved hospital-grade disinfectants used at Hand & Stone, Benefect Decon 30 or PureGreen 24. It is well known that the COVID-19 virus cannot survive temperatures greater than 115 degrees Fahrenheit. While we wash all towels after each use, we also prep these clean towels pre-use in towel cabbies that heat the towels to 150 -160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Hand sanitizer will be available at our front counter and in every treatment room for use by both our customers and service providers. We have also installed ozone or other medical grade air filtration systems.
We anticipate that a new emphasis on “disease control” will become standard practice in all industries.
Beyond our “contact-lite” check in and check out processes, we are adopting processes to limit traffic in the spa at any given time.
We have already added a new touch-free process for customer agreements, member and guest payments and forms.
We know that the world will change in many ways in the near future, but one thing that we are certain of is that we will be there for you with the cleanest and safest spa. Our commitment remains for you to restore, relax, and refresh when you need it most. Thank you for your trust, we look forward to seeing you soon.